Friday, September 21, 2007

Back to Córdoba

I had a long day of travelling yesterday: first I took the coach from Montevideo to Colonia, then the ferry over to Buenos Aires and after that an overnight coach to Córdoba. All this would´ve been much easier without the road blocks caused by the pulp mill conflict: in theory, there are direct connections to Cba from Montevideo, but now the only reliable way of travelling are the ferries (there are suspicions that the ferry company is partly financing the Gualeguaychú-movement that´s blocking the international bridges). The bus ride was quite bad although I was well-prepared with a blanket, ear plugs etc. The thing that failed me was my inflatable pillow which wasn´t doing its job, i.e. keeping the air inside of it.

However, all my negative thoughts were gone once I arrived in here: Claudio, the guy I last year did a lot of hiking with, had got up at 7 to pick me up. How sweet! We stopped by a bakery on the way to Lucia´s (my Spanish teacher from last year) house, and had breakfast and some "mate" together. After this I had an unsuccesful try to sleep a little siesta, and after lunch headed to town to meet up with Analía, my ex-flatmate/landlady.

It´s been so good to see everyone, I don´t think I had really realised how much I had missed it all (as in the people, not the things I´ve been bitching about). It´s now ten o´clock, we are going to have a little get-together here at Lucía´s and then go out. As I still haven´t slept, I hope that I´ll somehow manage to the early hours and not do the usual and want to go home at two (in the local circumstances, this would actually mean not even leaving the house!). I have a lot of pressure on me, because my friend Emma, who stayed here this summer legendarily stayed up until 10 the following morning (Cheers for that, Emma).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola Anna! Un beso desde Argentina.

Analía.